Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wonder Woman: Flying high or a complete bust?

Ever since lynda carter first appeared as that goddess in red and blue I have literally idolized Wonder Woman. I used to borrow old VHS tapes from my 8 year old neighbor who only spoke chinese. We would sit down glued to the TV, watching Wonder Woman bust down doors and rope up the bad guys with out breaking a sweat. Even though my neighbor  would throw temper tatrums and throw her sandals at me, it was worth it.
  Flash foward a couple years and now NBC is coming out with a new Wonder Women show. When I first heard that I thought I would pass out from joy, but then the doubts started to settle in.  I mean, it's not like hollywood hasn't completely  eaten up beloved shows and pooped them out as a big mess before, right? Well, now that it's getting closer to the airing of the pilot , I'm not the only one voicing  some concern. I have to admit that the first photo releases of her outfit kinda looked like they were trying way to  hard to make you believe that palicki, is in fact wonder women. With ongoing production and more set pictures I've soften up a bit about palicki playing my hero. Sure, I can deal with the pants but man come on, that super plastic top paired up with her equally plastic looking breast plate and what not, leave me cringing. I probally won't make up my mind till I plop down to watch the pilot. Till then i'm keep my fingers crossed. Photos Via

No comments:

Post a Comment